Saturday, March 26, 2011

Comfort Food - Part One *Breakfast*

When I think of comfort food...I think memories!  Food and memories go hand in hand, whether it's a family meal from my childhood or a favorite meal that Vickie and I enjoy time and time again.
Breakfast is chock full of food memories that Vickie and I have shared over these 35 years together.  For me the ultimate breakfast meal is Corned Beef Hash and Eggs, not that hash from a can...
I'm talking made at home goodness...
*Corned Beef Hash*



In the summertime when fresh vegetables are in abundance a simple tomato/basil scramble is the perfect way to start a day.
*Summer Scramble*


There are two things we both like with our breakfast...a nice piece of toast w/ butter and jam or a homemade biscuit.  When I worked at "Murphy's Restaurant" in Atlanta we served brunch every saturday and sunday from 8am to 4pm.  I talking crazy busy and every weekend I was in the bakery, mostly, baking buttermilk biscuits.  I made hundreds of them every weekend.  They are a little time consuming...but well worth it.  Alittle butter on them while they are still warm...a bit of heaven!!!
*Buttermilk Biscuits*


I hope this got you to think about some of your food memories.  Stay tuned for more memories with *Comfort Foods*


No comments:

Post a Comment